Monday, July 30, 2012

Cancer


There is a sentence what I hear too often "cancer for it different forms is very common, so there is almost no family what haven't lost a loved one to this illness". But it usually been told about humans. Although this sentence is true for your "animal" relatives as well.
My dear pet, my Missi, has cancer. She is 12 years old, a Dalmatian and recently we heard the final diagnose. She has a very common form of bone cancer in her left front paw. Apparently middle and large size dogs tend to develop this type of cancer.
She is still happy, eats well and even chases cats during every evening walk, but it's being more and more difficult for her with  only three properly working legs.


We can't know how long she will live, it's a matter of months. I hope that I will be able to get home at time before she will go to her final sleep.
Meanwhile we'll enjoy the regular walks and be happy when she is happy!



I was supposed to work more on my "Foxes of the Seasons" project, I am not sure what I will be able to concentrate on it right now.

4 comments:

  1. Stay strong! <3 This is no easy situation to deal with, but enjoy your time left with her, and be glad for the 12 long years she's already had here! She's gorgeous, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your support, I appreciate that a lot! :)

      Delete
  2. All the happiness and light she brought to your home will be remembered forever. Missy's Legacy :)

    Enjoy her as long as it is possible, let her be a dog!

    Love, Stas.

    ReplyDelete